Desperation
Yes I am desperate. I am desperate to be understood and to be embraced in a way that is different. Not tight, or loving, or warmth. Just different. Something like trembling hands that curl around the small of my back, afraid to touch me, afraid of breaking me. But at the same time he knows I’m not some fragile thing always kept at the back of a glass case. He knows that.
I am dying to be seen. To be seen with eyes
that are terrified of what they behold and hungry like a blind beast
experiencing Technicolor for the first time in a lifetime. I will gladly be a
feast for starved irises and hands that feel every contour, map every crevice I
have to offer inside and out. I want to be felt differently. Something unlike
friendly gestures and familial hugs. I want to be your object of desire and a
cuddle buddy in bed. Believe me there is nothing better than being under the
covers with someone’s hands holding your own, listening to each other’s
heartbeats. This is my way of love.
My
dogs taught me to love. My stomach and
thighs were their pillows under the stars in the garden and they are my blanket
of warmth. So trust me when I say you should raise a dog as your own because
that love you receive is exactly what love should feel like; endearingly
annoying, cute as hell, and tackled in hugs every time you walk through the
door.
Yes I am desperate. I am yearning to be
loved in a different way because my heart can’t take it anymore. It can’t bear
all these words I’m pouring out to you and to everyone and instead it wants to
be touched. Grazed by feathers and husky breaths, looking into the most
gorgeous eyes I have ever seen. I want that. I just want someone who can
challenge me and everything I believe. I want to be scared and hold his hand
because I’m afraid of messing it up. I want him to hear my shivering voice as I
read my poetry to him while he cups my face and kisses me as the sun rises. I
want to feel his stubble stretching from his sideburns down to his chinny
chin-chin because I love to explore his rough edges. Feel his voice resonate
through his body while I slowly fall asleep in his arms, on his chest, under
threadbare sheets. Threadbare because I’m lucky enough to have him and my dogs
to keep me warm.
Yes I am desperate. Desperate to be
romanticised and turned into poetry as I do right now. Desperate to love in
everything.
To
be loved despite everything.
Comments
Post a Comment