Young Love
It's funny how we fall for people who are
nothing like us. I know I don't want my boyfriend to be introverted and
bookish. I want him to not be afraid, to be able to come up to timid me, all
calm, and say, ''Look, I think you're really cute and I'm going to kiss you
right here, right now.' Now, I KNOW, I KNOW that my sanity would have a
meltdown and go berserk screaming into the void.
My insanity would be quieter. It would tell
me to grab him and whisper,
''So kiss me. Don't stand here talking
about it. Kiss me softly; I’m scared of how this goes. Grab me with hard
consuming lips because you've been addicted to something you've never tasted.
Run your hands in my hair, hold my face do something! Don't let them idle.
That's not what they are there for. Breathe on me. Look at me with your ripe
pomegranate lips and feast on my body with your starving eyes.''
Because young love is underrated. People
say we don't know what we want and what's good for us. So what? Isn't that what
love is for you? Isn't it adventure and comfort, wild and sober all at the same
time? We love, knowing we are going to bleed and drown. We are young and impatient to adorn ourselves
with violent scars. Love for us is fractured titanium and shattered stars as if
they broke against our hearts. We love for forever in childhood because for us,
heartbreak is a supernova a million light years away and we will spend every
second of the journey holding hands, getting lost in the folds of our
heartbeats.
So don't say young love is underrated.
Don't ruin something we have just because you realized that it's not true in
one life. We all once believed we were the center of the universe. Look what
happened to Galileo when he said otherwise.
Comments
Post a Comment