I Want To See Your Eyes

I want to see your eyes.

I need to give a name to the irises that have haunted me from

scrounged poetry and forgotten words.

 

When I read, it reminds me of you;

a silhouette belonging to a soul I have never had

the pain of meeting. You are there

when I'm up at three in the morning, scrolling through the poets

who write with such lovely agony. And for once,

I'm looking forward to getting drunk on yours.

Chaos, scars; I can trace them along the

backs of my hands, in my memories.

They remind me that someone can love them for what

they are; dust smattered divinity forgotten in shambling basements, decrepit crypts.

But, unlike most who search for their treasures in their grandmothers’ attics,

I will wait for you.

Long before you, I chased lovers with my words, too blinded to see that

they never actually started the conversation.

So, I will wait for you.

You are not mine to find,

but for both of us to chance upon.

And oh, how beautifully we will destroy ourselves with

teasing touches and words of war. How else would we love the bleeding hearts we hold?

 

I have loved you from the broken hearts of poetry and

nightingales on rose-thorns, pieced my future from

the shattered shards of the end you would be for me.

I will wait for the eyes that have haunted me. I will build myself to

match the destruction you are and give you everything I am in return.

 

I want to see your eyes.

 

All I ask is that you recognize mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Disruptive Mirror: Reclaiming Female Desire in "The Mirror"

Apocalyptic Urbanscapes: Gigi Scaria's Multimedia Visions of Displacement, Ecological Devastation and Reimagined Habitats

A Critical Background of "A Broken Sword"

Watch it Bloom

It isn’t polite