You can finally hear

 You can finally hear. Not the roaring motorcade or immortal din of speech,  

but the violent silence that charges through the metal forests, carried by whispers of winds. You can  finally see the moonlight as it washes the onyx road, in between the blazing neon.  

We dwell in the confines of the sleeping cacophony and  

finally, we can hear. 

So, sit with me. My songs blare in wee hours of the night and you can see the symphonies wafting, caught  in the hazy city air. A bubble of trapped smoke and lucid dreams. 

I await you in the darkness.  

Just so you can destroy the quiet rage.  

I can’t handle the silence any longer. I can’t be quiet any longer, repressing myself any longer. I have put  my fears on hold, just so I think others need me. I think they need me to solve them, just so they can be  their happier selves. 

I want to, but  

how do I tell them to see something that’s not here. So, it’ll  

have to be you. It’ll be you who I’ll lay myself ragged before, the one who destroyed me but still holds  my face like I’m everything. You, from the tips of your fingers to your inked arms, who covers me from  my boy-beard to my round chin, so softly, so desiring,  

dog fur with touches of silk on my marked skin. You stink like wet wolves in torrid snow, with  disarming fangs that elicit mine. You know I don’t mind. I don’t mind it at all.  

Let’s dance and race through the gossip of the forest, groaning metal and moaning wood, frantic as you  are to devour everything I have to offer. I’m the first to willingly give myself to you and you are amused.  Perplexed I would venture to say, staring into your earth eyes of chrome and soft dirt. “You are naked for  a monster’s amusement”, playfully snarling in my ears, trying so hard to discover my fear.  

No. 

I’m bare for my own.  

You’ll realize I’ve faced horrors of my own creation, imprisoning myself in bars and barbed wires of my  own twisted design. You reel in horror like the cub you are. I am the monster here. Don’t let this frail skin  fool you. You may be Fear, but you wouldn’t last a day in my mind. That’s why I’m here. You wanted  me, and I gave myself to you. You are horrific, and finally, 

I have someone to share my horrors with.  

You can finally hear it, can’t you?  

The heart of a rabbit racing in the wolf,  

and the epitaph of something long gone in mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Disruptive Mirror: Reclaiming Female Desire in "The Mirror"

Apocalyptic Urbanscapes: Gigi Scaria's Multimedia Visions of Displacement, Ecological Devastation and Reimagined Habitats

A Critical Background of "A Broken Sword"

Watch it Bloom

It isn’t polite