Kisses

Kisses are the one thing for me. Soft, drowning, teasing, unsure teeth bite my lower lip and a shudder  arises.  

That moment before, when I look at their face, my heart is hesitant at seeing their eyes sweep close and  breath part.  

This is ours, 

I lean in and consume. 

This kind of touch is a rare delicacy for I can taste their want, their need. 

Desire is already grinning from across the room like they had nothing to do with this. 

Affection, Affection is there when we part, lips and lashes. You memorize their face, knowing you will be  blind for the minutes that follow. You map the wrinkles of their eyes, their jaw as it caves into their chin  and you'll wonder. I'm not much for god but god you will wonder why lust is a sin, for such beautiful  things are no evil for me. Such temptation, such soft images come to mind, tinted in the light of  daydreams.  

You, god, will wonder, why you choose to remain in your throne in worlds so far away that Affection is a  distant memory to your eyes.  

He always was, a distant memory, and I was a fool to think he would come any closer. That they would  shut the camera, and not look through me, for once. How is it, Desire, that you are so cruel. Turning eyes  blind left, right, and loving because you can't imagine being upstaged. Just once, one moment of  Affection would make me run and come more than any coaxing words and groaning beds.  

Children shut your eyes and ears for your parents will tell you later what I'm speaking of. For now, just  listen to your heartbeat. Languid and full, your heart will not change if you do it right. You will settle into  the warmth, pull them closer, and plot sinful things. 

I think about how they will never let me go. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Disruptive Mirror: Reclaiming Female Desire in "The Mirror"

Apocalyptic Urbanscapes: Gigi Scaria's Multimedia Visions of Displacement, Ecological Devastation and Reimagined Habitats

A Critical Background of "A Broken Sword"

Watch it Bloom

It isn’t polite